- This article is about the movie. You might be searching for the storybook or the game. For other uses see Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (disambiguation).
Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue is an computer animated film based on the Disney Fairies franchise, produced by DisneyToon Studios. The story revolves around Tinker Bell, a fairy character created by J. M. Barrie in his play Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up and featured in subsequent adaptations, especially in animated works by the Walt Disney Company. The film was produced using Digital 3D modeling. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on September 21, 2010.
Years before meeting Wendy and the Lost Boys, Tinker Bell meets nine-year-old Lizzy Griffiths, a little girl with a steadfast belief in the power of pixie dust and the magical land of fairies. During the fairies' summer visit to the flowering meadows of England, Tinker Bell ends up getting trapped in a small fairy house Lizzy had built so she could catch a fairy. Tinker Bell is brought to Lizzy's house, where the two form a special bond with each other. However, when Lizzy's scientifically-minded father discovers Tinker Bell's presence in his household, he attempts to deliver her to the museum for study. When Tinker Bell's rival Vidia is taken in her place, Tinker Bell and her fellow fairies launch a daring rescue to save her. Tinker Bell takes a huge risk, putting her own safety and the future of all fairykind in jeopardy.
Inconsistencies with prior works
- At the end of the film, Vidia is on friendlier terms with Tinker Bell and her friends, which carries through in subsequent films. However, in the books (which are set at a later point in time), Vidia isn't friendly with them at all, and there's no suggestion that she ever was.
- Mae Whitman as Tinker Bell
- Lauren Mote as Lizzy Griffiths
- Michael Sheen as Martin Griffiths
- Pamela Adlon as Vidia
- Lucy Liu as Silvermist
- Raven-Symoné as Iridessa
- Kristin Chenoweth as Rosetta
- Angela Bartys as Fawn
- Rob Paulsen as Bobble
- Jeff Bennett as Clank
- Jesse McCartney as Terence
- Cara Dillon as The Narrator
- Faith Prince as Mrs. Perkins