In the Books
Fairies in the book continuity speak differently and have different rules of etiquette than humans - they don't say "excuse me" or use titles like "Miss" or "Mister" (Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg) and they speak with their own unique phrases and idioms:
- Clumsies: Humans
- Fly with you: Pleased to meet you.
- Fly with you later: Goodbye.
- I'd fly backwards if I could: I'm sorry.
- Sparrow man/men: a male fairy
In the Movies
Fairies in the movie continuity do use terms like "miss". Bobble addresses Tinker Bell as "Miss Bell" in Tinker Bell (although he might just be an odd one, she is called Tinker Bell most of the time), and aren't heard using many unique slang terms.
- Faith, trust, and pixie dust: Tinker Bell's friends use this as a team motto when they're about to do something daring or difficult.
- Flitteriffic: Terrific, but moreso. Tinker Bell uses this word to describe the Mainland.
- Mainland: Not a fairy term per se, but is used by fairies when referring to England, implying that Never Land is an island somewhere off its coast.
- Petunia: In Tinker Bell, Rosetta uses the word "petunia" as a euphemism for "butt."
- Sparrow man/men: a male fairy; a carryover from the books.
- Splinters: an apparently negatively connotated interjection used by Bobble.
- Jingles: an interjection expressing either anger or surprise.
Even though the faires don't use many unique slang terms, they do lightly use some urban and modern terms. Here are some quotes from the films.
- Fairy Mary: "Save it. I know what you've been up to missy." (Tinker Bell)
- Fairy Mary: "A hothead?" (Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure)
- Bobble: "Good one! That's exactly what he was saying." (Tinker Bell)
- Bobble: "Splinters Clank, say it, don't spray it." (Tinker Bell)
- Silvermist: "No wait, wait, I got it!!" (Tinker Bell )
- Bobble: "Hit it Clanky!!" (Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure)
- Bobble: 'Let er rip!!" (Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure)
- Terence: "I found that flying machine of yours, that thing is awesome!!" (Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure)
- Rosetta: "Pretty good huh? Come on girls, it's go time!!" (Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure)
- Rosetta: "Here we go again!" (Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue)
- Bobble: "Clank, Give a guy some warning." (Pixie Hollow Games)