Beck is an animal-talent fairy. Like others of her talent, she is kind toward all animals. She is pretty much the only animal talent fairy that checks on Mother Dove all the time. Beck loves animals so much that she even wants to be an animal herself, and spends more time with animals than fairies. Beck is the only one who can speak Bird without an accent, and she can read the thoughts of any animal.
In the booksIn Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, she is first seen with Mother Dove. During the hurricane she protected a group of baby moles until their mother came. She is really disappointed when Mother Dove asks Tinker Bell to stay by her side instead. Later, she took care of Mother Dove when she got hurt by a fox.
In Beck and the Great Berry Battle, Twitter warns her about the fight between the hummingbirds and the chipmunks, but doesn't take him seriously. She soon finds out that it is very serious, she tries to negotiate between the two groups, but the Berry Battle still goes on. Over the next few days Beck tries her best to settle things. She even introduces Twitter to Nan, a chipmunk, to help diffuse things between everyone. But, when Twitter and Nan are in trouble Beck manages to get the attention of the groups and they help save them together. At the end they all laugh at how silly they have been, when they see that Grandfather Mole was the one that had the hummingbird nest which was the whole reason they were all fighting.
During the flood in Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand, Beck helps the animals and Mother Dove. Later, she helped find Rani and turn her back from a bat with Prilla and Tinker Bell. She also helped the golden hawk while he was small.
In Fairies and the Quest for Never Land she is seen still protecting Mother Dove initially from Gwendolyn. Later, she went with the others on the quest for never land. She also helped the golden hawk when his wings wouldn't stop burning. When Kyto took Mother Dove, Beck tried to protect her and get inside his mind. At the end she is fine.
In Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse, she is seen at the fairy picnic, playing games with the other fairies.
In Four Clues for Rani, she partners up with Jerome for the Fairy Treasure Hunt. She stays behind for a minute to explain about Brother Dove's wing and to introduce Cousin Dove to her. They get tricked by Peter Pan and the Lost Boys like all the other fairies.
- Beck is the primary animal-talent fairy seen in the books, and is the only one named in the original story. She is the all-important assistant to Mother Dove. However, Fawn ends up being the primary animal-talent fairy in the film series, and is Beck's friend in the chapter books.
- Despite being Mother Dove's assistant and caretaker in the original book and Gail Carson Levine's other stories, Beck is rarely seen with her in the chapter books, typically having her own regular animal-talent duties to take care of.
- Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg
- The Trouble with Tink
- Beck and the Great Berry Battle
- Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand
- Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon
- Fairies and the Quest for Never Land
- Fira and the Full Moon
- Beck Beyond the Sea
- Iridessa, Lost at Sea
- Queen Clarion's Secret
- Four Clues for Rani