- “Animal-talents adore animals of all kinds. They are adventurous explorers and loyal, caring friends.”
- ―Pixie Hollow Online
Animal-talent fairies have the unique ability to speak with any animal in its native tongue, whether it be raccoon, bird, tree frog, or squirrel. They are extremely sensitive and can "read" an animal's thoughts or emotions. They know when an animal is frightened or sick and can tend to its needs to help it feel better. Like the animals they work with, animal-talent fairies have a keen sense of smell and excellent hearing. They are skilled trackers and are frequently called upon to help find fairies who have lost their way in the woods. All animal talent fairies are deeply integrated into Never Land's fauna and strive to keep it harmonious.
When Tinker Bell arrived in Pixie Hollow and destroyed the preparations for spring in the first movie, she created a gadget called the Flower Sprayer, which can paint ladybugs, flowers and other things much faster. Since then, many of the Animal-talent fairies use this to change the seasons faster.
This guild's symbol is a decorative egg and the color is orange.
- Feeding and taking care of animals.
- Assisting fuzzy animals to cross The Border into the Winter Woods and waking them up in Spring Valley.
- Painting ladybugs and butterflies.
- Help sick or injured animals.
Known Animal-talent fairies
Upon a fairy's arrival, each talent is represented by an object for them to choose from. If a Never Fairy is born to be an Animal-Talent, then an egg will shine brightly once they've gotten near it. This is confirmed in Pixie Hollow Online, where if the player chooses to be an Animal-Talent, an egg will shine brightly.
In the films, Animal Talents are typically represented by hues of orange and brown. This can be seen through their clothes, as they wear mostly orange & brown throughout the movies. In The Pirate Fairy (film), Zarina's Animal-Talent Dust is orange as well. Another Animal-Talent symbol is their flag featured in the Pixie Hollow Games, which is an orange flag with a paw print in the center.
In the books, however, Animal-Talents wear multiple colors.
- The Animal-Talent egg symbol differs slightly between Tinker Bell (film) and Pixie Hollow Online.
- In Pixie Hollow Online, the player selects a green egg to become an Animal-Talent.
- In the original film, the egg appears to be white.
- In The Hidden World of Fairies, it is stated by Peter Pan that the mouse who pulled a thorn out of a lion's paw had actually been an animal-talent.
- Other talents' fairies were seen doing tasks from animal-talent fairies, such as Silvermist using the ladybug paint/sprayer invention, or Tinker Bell in The New Adventures of Tinker Bell (1959) painting a butterfly.
- There is a nearly identical variant of this talent that is exclusive to fairies who arrived in the Winter Woods. These fairies are known as Winter-Animal Talents